Exhibition Park in Canberra (EPIC) is committed to ecologically and environmentally sustainable development for the venue. We have placed particular focus on reducing our environmental impact by pursuing meaningful activities in waste reduction, water conservation and energy efficiency to reduce our venue’s greenhouse emissions.
EPIC encourages recycling around the venue with recycling bins for general waste and co-mingled recycling.
We also have recycling programs in place for cardboard/paper, cooking oil and metal.
EPIC has implemented a number of water saving initiatives across the venue, including:
- Implementation of a storm water harvesting system
- Installation of rainwater tanks
- Dual flush systems in toilets
- Installation of automatic controlled urinal flushing system
- Use of non potable water for ground irrigation.
EPIC continues to introduce new energy saving initiatives throughout the venue, including:
- LED lighting in all major pavilions
- Solar tube and LED lighting in the Fitzroy Pavilion
- Programmed maintenance and servicing of heating/cooling systems.
EPIC measures and records the venue’s energy, greenhouse emissions, water consumption, resource efficiency and waste annually.
To find out more please phone (02) 6205 5230 or to email click here.